Feeling blue

CallmeAl

Nov 7, 2022
Hi. I haven't posted for a while, but I feel I want to reach out this evening. I am feeling unhappy and unsettled.. Not sure why. My husband is in a care home, has been for the last 2 years, he is doing ok but not great and those people on here who remember me will know that it has hit me hard and I have been struggling with losing him and what we had.. I have been doing all right, but I don't know... maybe its Easter, maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself, but I can's seem to snap out of it. I have had to get Sky Stream, and then I had to put router in the hall so it would work, and then I had to get a hall table to put it on, and it looks really nice, and I keep thinking how much he would have liked it, and my heart is breaking...

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @CallmeAl. Please accept a virtual 🤗 from me.

Like many others on here, I understand the feelings completely.

Over the years I have always felt that holiday periods are the worst because the stillness of these times lets us drown in our own sorrow; with little to distract us.

I hope that tomorrow is better for you and that you can always find a friend here.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Ok, so I'll admit to be be lonely too. And yes the word is lonely for me.
Sat here alone 10 years on the site mum and wife cared for now it's just me it isn't easy.
It isn't easy but tomorrow another day.
Who knows what might happen. K

CallmeAl

Nov 7, 2022
Thank you...you're so right about this..I had a friend here for lunch yesterday and today but she's gone now and I feel I need my husband's arms around me to keep me safe and to know that I am loved...

CallmeAl

Nov 7, 2022
Ok, so I'll admit to be be lonely too. And yes the word is lonely for me.
Sat here alone 10 years on the site mum and wife cared for now it's just me it isn't easy.
It isn't easy but tomorrow another day.
Who knows what might happen. K
Thank you...loneliness is the worst...I agree..