Farewell to my Mother

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Jude, May 19, 2006.

1. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Friends,

Just to let all friends on TP know that my mother died last Friday morning. The funeral ceremony is to be held on this coming Tuesday at 1.30pm.

I managed to get over here from Australia in time to had a last quiet talk with my mother and the fact that she was lucid enough to know me for a short time was incredibly wonderful. Sheila and I sat with her when she died. It was very peaceful and she was in no pain at all. I think that Mum just decided that she had had enough and that it was time for her to leave.

My father is totally and blissfully unaware that Mum has gone, which is in itself a blessing too. He is happy in his own world. I'm pleased that he will not suffer grief and sadness at losing his wife of 64 years.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to all friends on TP for your support over the past few years. I'd especially like to pay tribute to Sheila who has been such a special friend to me and without whom I would have been totally lost at this time.

I feel a great sadness that my beloved mother has died, but I am also in some way relieved that she has finally beaten AD. She is now free and for that I am truly happy.

with love and best wishes to all,

Jude xxx

2. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    Yours is an example I will strive to live up to. God Bless Jude and I will be thinking of you today.
    Debbie

3. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    My thoughts are with you Jude, sorry to hear of your sad loss,

jakky
    x

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Thank- you for sharing its lovely to hear from you ,I ‘m sorry about your mother passing what a lovely way of putting it when you say

Bless

5. Katy44

Katy44 Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    So sorry to hear your news Jude, thinking of you xx

6. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Thinking of you Jude and glad your mother is now at peace.

Bless you

Linda x

7. Kriss

Kriss Registered User

May 20, 2004
    Shropshire
    Dearest Jude

I am so pleased that you managed to get there in time - it must have seemed like the longest journey ever. When we received a call from the hospital to say we should come immediately to see my Dad I was only an hour away but I can still envisage that journey and feel those emotions.

Your Mum has truly won her battle.

love
    Kriss

8. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Jude, I'm sorry for your loss, but glad Mum's passing was peaceful, and that you were able to exchange your goodbyes and I love yous.

9. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Jude

I am sorry for your loss, but understand the blessing of your father being unaware of her passing.

My Mum is spared the grief of Dad's passing too, the only plus side of her AD we have ever found.

Take good care of yourself

Kathleen

10. maggier

maggier Registered User

Jan 9, 2006
    manchester
    Dear Jude

I am truly sorry for your loss but hope that I can be as brave as you when my mum passes.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Love

Maggie x

11. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya Jude
    What a tremendous gift she gave you.
    Thinking of you.
    Love Amy

12. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    hello jude

just wanted to add my condolences to you, it was good you got to talk to your mum and you were there for her at the end.
    you'll be in my thoughts tuesday
    take care

13. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    I am so sorry to hear your news but pleased that you managed a conversation with your Mother before she died - that memory will stay with you. Dementia is a test for all those concerned - so your Mother and all of you have passed your test with flying colours! Our thoughts will be with you on Tuesday. Best Wishes. BeckyJan

14. jarnee

jarnee Registered User

Mar 18, 2006
    leicestershire
    Jude,

Just wanted to add my condolences too. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Jarnee
    X

15. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    How beautiful that you feel that way and have the grace to share it with us at this time.

Thank you. God bless.

Karen, x

16. mojofilter

mojofilter Registered User

May 10, 2006
    St.Helens
    Jude,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,

Paul

17. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    I am so sorry to hear about your mother but she is now at peace.

I dont know what you beleive happens when we pass on but maybe you will feel her near to you as you go through life and enjoy her company.

Big hugs.

M
    xxxxxxxxxx

18. Nutty Nan

Nutty Nan Registered User

Nov 2, 2003
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Jude,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad - may the happy memories of your Mum keep you going through these days of sadness.
    Hugs, C.

19. Frank

Frank Registered User

May 18, 2006
    Passage

Dear Jude,

I am very new to this site. My wife is in the early stages of this horrible disease and from reading all of the various threads here I have only an inkling of what is to come. I just hope that I can have the courage and perspective that you displayed in your message.

My sincerest condolenses for your loss.

Frank

20. ElaineMaul

ElaineMaul Registered User

Jan 29, 2005
    Dear Jude,
    May I also offer my condolences. I am so pleased you were able to share some lucid moments with your Mum at the end and that her passing was peaceful.
    Take care; I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
    Love Elaine