1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Families with EO Alzhheimers in Scotland?

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by Magicmuffin, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Magicmuffin

Magicmuffin Registered User

Oct 19, 2014
    Scotland
    Hello all,

I am looking for fellow Scots who have a family member with Early Onset Alzheimer's. A year after my husband's diagnosis I am looking to contact other people who are going through the same challenges as us - we have a 10 month old child and my husband is 55. Local groups who cater for the younger people still tend to be in the upper end and I find we have very little in common.

Is there anyone out there for whom this is familiar? I would find it very helpful to be able to contact a fellow partner/carer and be able to share stories/ask questions as to how they deal with the issues that crop up as the condition progresses.

Alzheimers Scotland are very helpful but I am yet to find someone in the same boat!

Thanks.