Extra virgin Coconut Oil

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Another disturbing thing about Mary Newport's claims is that, perhaps understandably, her husband was, by her own account, on numerous other meds and supplements as well as coconut oil.

Among the drugs incidentally, he was using Valaciclovir, which is a supercharged version of the anti-viral drug Aciclovir, which my wife has been taking for over two years during which time she has made improvements and she remains pretty stable.

With an approach that involves so many different belts and three kinds of braces it would seem quite impossible to separate out the factors(s) responsible for the improvements. One can easily understand the thinking - let's try anything that might help - but is it really necessary, or desirable to take them all at once? Particularly if you're any kind of scientist trying to prove a theory?

Also, I can't find much about the kind of life Mary and Steve led/lead. This could also be relevant.

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
The latest news I could find was that MN's husband had experienced seizures in 2013. His health has deteriorated.

His seizures were originally reported as a stroke but a correction was later issued.

I can't find any other update.

Lyn T X

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Another disturbing thing about Mary Newport's claims is that, perhaps understandably, her husband was, by her own account, on numerous other meds and supplements as well as coconut oil.

Yes, and yet she insisted it was the coconut oil.

LYN T said:
The latest news I could find was that MN's husband had experienced seizures in 2013. His health has deteriorated.

This is not going to sound sympathetic but obviously coconut oil was no cure.

Again, I can understand the desperation of family members who will try anything, no matter how strange or unusual. I have a BIL who wanted to take my FIL to Mexico for the peach pit treatments when my FIL was dying of cancer. He was willing to spend all the money for a dubious treatment.

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I always felt it was rather sad that a woman wrote a book that had no scientific evidence to support it, then went on to a media career and never found time to update her followers with the truth.

Some of major the exponents of coconut oil own large areas of land or shares in companies in the countries that produce this oil...and make a healthy income extolling it's virtues.

Last edited:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well like many I tried it with Tom, I cannot say I saw any improvement, but it was at a point when he was not eating well so it was extra calories!

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Got a tub brought over as a gift from no.1 son's girlfriend from Ireland. 1 quick taste by OH, totally rejected, and still in the cupboard untouched since last October.
keep smiling,
malomm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell