Experience of Zopilcone

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I wondered if anyone has experience of using Zopilcone sleeping tablets successfully. My husband had one last night and his first the night before. The first night he got the tablet at 10.30pm and didn't fall asleep until 2am. Last night I gave him the tablet at 8.45pm. He was in bed by 9.30 but didn't go to sleep until the early hours again. I wondered if this medication is something he'll need to get used to or am I giving him it at the wrong time? The dose is 3.75mg. Although he didn't sleep well through the night he spent the day at the day centre in a deep, snoring sleep. He's awake now!!

I know another member said that they didn't work for her husband and this may be the case for mine.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you google

site:http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/ zopiclone

you will get all the posts on TP mentioning Zopiclone.

I had a quick look through and you get the usual - brilliant, no use, sends to sleep the following afternoon - looks like you ask GP if he can change dose or prescription, or maybe it takes a day or two to start working as you want it to.

Now in Crabtree land
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=48...937,-0.764161&sspn=0.004155,0.010986&t=h&z=16
if I see him do you want me to do anything?

I don't have an oubliette but I do have a medieval well!!

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I wondered if anyone has experience of using Zopilcone sleeping tablets successfully. My husband had one last night and his first the night before. The first night he got the tablet at 10.30pm and didn't fall asleep until 2am. Last night I gave him the tablet at 8.45pm. He was in bed by 9.30 but didn't go to sleep until the early hours again. I wondered if this medication is something he'll need to get used to or am I giving him it at the wrong time? The dose is 3.75mg. Although he didn't sleep well through the night he spent the day at the day centre in a deep, snoring sleep. He's awake now!!

I know another member said that they didn't work for her husband and this may be the case for mine.

hello Izzie
My experience with Zopilcone was not that good .
But remember I do not suffer with dementia ( I hope )
I am sure you will have read the leaflet that comes with the tablets
It mentions that to avoid memory loss and to reduce the risk you should ensure that you are able to get a full night of uninterrupted sleep
It never worked with me and I was still awake and getting up most of the night ,and it left me feeling like a zombie
Now I think I get a bit more sleep by looking at the box before I go to bed and saying to myself B* that I will not take them

None of the 'hypnotic ' type of tablets seemed to work and although sleep is still a problem I am free of all the associated side effects
I feel for you that Bill's problem means you don't get a good nights rest which can be very debilitating when you have to care for someone .
Hope things improve
jimbo 111

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Izzy,

With Bill sleeping in the afternoon i think it is important to take into account that Bill has been very sleepy for some months now and therefore it would be reasonable to assume that him sleeping in the afternoon is not to do with a recently introduced tablet. I don't believe Zopiclone has a build up effect in that it might work once in his system. It is more likely to be either because they don't work on him or because the dose is too small.

Love

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Are you actually in Crabtree land?"

Yes at the location shown on the link in previous post.

A converted medieval barn.

Four à pain and well for our friend if he annoys me.

Now in front of log burner with glass of red.

Attachments

• View of house showing BBQ.jpg
    View of house showing BBQ.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Lounge area.jpg
    Lounge area.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 483
  • View from house showing oven & well.jpg
    View from house showing oven & well.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 475

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi Izzy,

My husband was prescribed sleeping tablets because of his 24 hours a day awake routine. Can't remember now the name of them but we had no success with them at all. He would have one at 10pm and I would have ready for bed at 10.30. The first night by 11pm he was dead to the world. By 1.15am he was ready to start the next day. I felt there was no point in putting even more chemicals in his body when they were not helping.

I did give it a couple of weeks just I case he got the idea that this tablet means sleep.

I hope you can get Bill's sleep problem sorted, our couple of years with little or no sleep have certainly upset my body clock and getting to sleep is a problem for me. I think I have forgotten how to relax enough to drift off. I made 11 Christmas cards last night between 11.30pm and 4 am.

Chin up,

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point mobile app