excess sweating

Sailor Tom

Dec 9, 2017
has any one had excess sweating. lately I have been getting up soaking wet with sweat in the morning I don't know if its the medicine am on as ive been on the same for some time .I would be greatful if anyone can help shed some light on this I know its not my room as its very cool:(

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I do not have any personal experience of this - neither my mum nor my OH get this, but I have heard of it happening. A lady I know with vascular dementia was told that it was happening because the part of the brain that regulated temperature wasnt working properly.

I had terrible problems with night sweats during the menopause and just used to use a very thin duvet (or even just a sheet) on my bed at night.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
has any one had excess sweating. lately I have been getting up soaking wet with sweat in the morning I don't know if its the medicine am on as ive been on the same for some time .I would be greatful if anyone can help shed some light on this I know its not my room as its very cool:(

If it has just been the last week or so, could it be Christmas excesses . I have been having very vivid dreams and have woken up sweating over the past few days and I have put it down to wine and pickles.

Sorry if this is not helpful but I can't wait to get back to normal food and drink.

Mark79

Dec 28, 2018
I get that now and then. Wake up and feel like I've got a puddle on my chest. I did google it and it could be anxiety

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
My OH has had this for all the years since diagnosis. It is off and on and I have never found a cause.
Totally cotton and nightwear helps. I did buy an expensive pair of bamboo pyjamas (from a cancer charity) which wick up the sweat. They work well but are unavailable at the moment. There are some t shirt style pyjamas available though.