End of life plan

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Hi hope you can advise me on why the carers at Mum's home asked this question. I do not know what an end of life plan is?

Mum is still being got up, dressed and sat in an armchair but she does not want to eat or drink and has lost 4 kilos since Feb and now not able to sit up as she slumps right down, not able to stand unaided for any length of time, lost the ability to walk last Oct. I know it is not looking good.

Thank you in advance

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
End of life plan is just that really - a plan for the end of life ( which may or may not be now/soon)

It should include and wishes your Mum had/has
Any wishes you have - If they feel the end is near, do you want to know? ...even if its 2am?

Would you want her moved to hospital , or would you rather she stayed where she is?

They may even ask which funeral director you'd you - and do you have a funeral plan- they are not being macbre, It will help if they know, and when the time comes , they will have that info

its a chance for you to express what you'd like for your Mum AND for yourself.

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Thank you so much - I was scared to ask as I feared well, not the answer but my reaction to it. You have reassured me and I am grateful. I know it is not looking good at the moment and I no longer look for signs of improvement but it will be better to answer questions whilst the situation is not yet desperate.

x

End of life plan is just that really - a plan for the end of life ( which may or may not be now/soon)

It should include and wishes your Mum had/has
Any wishes you have - If they feel the end is near, do you want to know? ...even if its 2am?

Would you want her moved to hospital , or would you rather she stayed where she is?

They may even ask which funeral director you'd you - and do you have a funeral plan- they are not being macbre, It will help if they know, and when the time comes , they will have that info

its a chance for you to express what you'd like for your Mum AND for yourself.