Eating

Tavy

Mar 3, 2024
My OH has VD, at mealtimes she mixes the food up, pushes it around the plate and picks at what little she is prepared to eat, is this normal during VD

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
Eating - or eating much less, or becoming more picky - does seem to be a feature of dementia for many people.

snowmile

Feb 3, 2024
I can relate to your post! My mom has done crazy stuff with food, mixing food together, pouring coco on top of a sandwich, stuffing food in strange places, you name it. The worse was a bowl of spagetti she tied to put out the window, it was all smashed up against the window screen. If your wife keeps the food on the plate, I think you're lucky!

Pacucho

Sorry to read about your OH. Do you eat at the same time ? The reason I ask is because when I cared for my late mum I noticed she would eat when I ate, i.e. she was copying me. Also, when I finished my plate she would stop, regardless of whether she had anything left on her plate.
Hope this helps,
Paco

Tavy

Mar 3, 2024
Sorry to read about your OH. Do you eat at the same time ? The reason I ask is because when I cared for my late mum I noticed she would eat when I ate, i.e. she was copying me. Also, when I finished my plate she would stop, regardless of whether she had anything left on her plate.
Hope this helps,
Paco
Thanks for the reply.
Yes we eat together always at the same time.
She does hate waste so I have said to her "if you don't mush up all your food I could maybe keep it for another day, I never would, this does seem to have pushed the right button.