Easy answer telephone

Helfe86

Dec 2, 2023
My husband forgets to press the green button when he answers the landline phone. Are there any phones on the market where you just pick them up to answer.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
There has to be a method of signalling acceptance of call.
Assume cordless, if not lifting handset of cradle does this
Usual system is:
If phone is on base station or separate charger lifting it off does this.
If not on either a button has to be pressed.

Is this how yours works?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Hello @Helfe86 Some people with dementia find doro phones easy to use.
Easy to use keys and large display, still have to press green to answer if not on base station
/charger.
Else the phone keeps ringing.

0doro_phoneeasy_100w_white_duo.jpg

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Else look at something like echo show with drop in . I have buds as well but haven't tried them to see how they work. You can switch the camera off with the echo show so maybe that's an option?

I did find with my mum once she had problems with the phone, they never went away and we tried quite a few phones .

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My husband forgets to press the green button when he answers the landline phone. Are there any phones on the market where you just pick them up to answer.
Alzheimer’s shop, Empora clam phone which you answer by just opening it. Also has three buttons for one press fast dials

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Alzheimer’s shop, Empora clam phone which you answer by just opening it. Also has three buttons for one press fast dials
The request referred to a landline phone.
He may wish to retain his number, permanent forwarding to mobile is expensive.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Search "Retro phones"
There are now old style dial phones with 1950's design available from national out of town retailers.

Bod

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Search "Retro phones"
There are now old style dial phones with 1950's design available from national out of town retailers.

Bod
One of the many phones I bought my mother. She never used it and it was a pain to make a call from for the rest of the family.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Search "Retro phones"

Bod
No need for retro corded, no reported problem with dialling push button, all corded phones just need handset lifted off cradle to answer.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The request referred to a landline phone.
He may wish to retain his number, permanent forwarding to mobile is expensive.
Ah, hadn’t realised and yes, we too are keeping our landline as although Pauline won’t/can’t make calls she has no problems picking up and chatting, sorry.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Ah, hadn’t realised and yes, we too are keeping our landline as although Pauline won’t/can’t make calls she has no problems picking up and chatting, sorry.
Landline phones are far less confusing to answer than mobiles.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Landline phones are far less confusing to answer than mobiles.
I agree in the main as swiping etc is a nightmare but the Empora isn’t like that and just needs opening or closing for on and off with 3 very clear fast dial press buttons but it can be a nuisance with various noises it makes for notifications.

Puma

Dec 30, 2023
My mother forgets to press the red one to close the line, so once you call her no one else can! You gotta laugh.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharks2108