Early onset dementia diagnosed 20 months ago

Sheps

Jan 12, 2022
Taunton Somerset
Hello I’m looking to meet up online with others who have also been diagnosed with the same
forgive me if I have already posted as I couldn’t remember

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome back to the forum @Sheps. Don’t worry about having posted before or not. I‘m sure you’ll find understanding and support here.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Yep is so kind people here to talk to when is feel so bad so I'm hope you can talk to them and member how to find it my Lisa remind me and is thanks to what they say and I'm pray for you you got somebody to remind you I'm hope I'm had a dog name is shep he was good boy but he kill some my turkeys that one time God bless you sir

Harmony2

Aug 10, 2023
Hello I’m looking to meet up online with others who have also been diagnosed with the same
@Sheps - Hello, I don't yet have a diagnosis but anticipate one. Currently I am on a waiting list with the local "memory clinic" but they have such a long waiting list they cannot estimate when I will be assessed. I have had symptoms for a long time. Twelve years ago they were very rare; over time they increased; now I have daily symptoms and I recognise they continue to progress. I'm interested in chatting but I understand if you you want someone wh formally has a diagnosis. I'm sure it must be a new level of reality hitting hard to receive one.

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
forgive me if I have already posted as I couldn’t remember
Hi Sherps.. Same here. I was offiially disgnosed 2 years ago now..
So, there is a couple of us on here..
Feel free to share - I find comfort in being able to share where I know saomeone can relate.

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
@Sheps - Hello, I don't yet have a diagnosis but anticipate one. Currently I am on a waiting list with the local "memory clinic" but they have such a long waiting list they cannot estimate when I will be assessed. I have had symptoms for a long time. Twelve years ago they were very rare; over time they increased; now I have daily symptoms and I recognise they continue to progress. I'm interested in chatting but I understand if you you want someone wh formally has a diagnosis. I'm sure it must be a new level of reality hitting hard to receive one.
Hi ..
I think you may be in the fairly unique (?) position to notice the degradation.
It took me a while..
For me, it is a weird thing to say, but i a way it was a relief for me... at least could deal with it.
I don't think it really matters if you've been officially diagnosed or not.

What helped me quite a lot in the beginning was doing cognitive games .. it felt like I was being productive.
There was paid ones that my therapist suggested, and they were good.
Maybe that can hep a little?