Driving Licence

Ciderboy

Feb 18, 2012
Bristol
Hi all,

I lost my father to alzheimer's just under 5 years ago and hoped that I never had to go through that experience again.

Unfortunately, another relative was diagnosed a couple of years ago.

When my father was diagnosed his GP immediately notified DVLA and his driving license was suspended.

This doesn't appear to have happened with my relative (although we are still trying to get their driving license number so we can check online to see if it's been suspended or not) and we are concerned as there is no way that they're fit to drive.

For the last year or so, whenever they've talked about going out for a drive, we've got away with hiding the keys or telling then that the car has "broken down". However, they are now getting quite persistent about wanting to go for a drive.

Does anybody know if there is any way that we can get DVLA to review their license? Everything I've found seems to relate to the person themself filling out a form.

Thanks in advance.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You can 'dob in' your relative! If you contact DVLA you can make an anonymous report.
As per my link

Third Party Details

Please provide as much detail as possible so that we can locate the correct driver record.
All Third Party Notifications are treated with the strictest confidence and we will never reveal to the licence holder or any other enquiring party where the information came from originally.