Dreams

Trisha54

Apr 27, 2024
Hello my name is Trisha and my sister has Alzheimer's. She was diagnosed a couple of years ago. Our mother also suffered with the disease. Lately she has been having terrible nightmares where she says she hears beeping noises and something coming up, up and up. She describes it as white but does not say its ghost like or anything just white and the beeps. She keeps saying after this happens more than three times she knows she is going to die. Has anyone else experienced an Alzheimer's or dementia patient making statements like this? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @Trisha54

My wife has been experiencing visual and auditory hallucinations for many years, although they aren't the same as you describe.

These symptoms are common enough and my wife is only very occasionally disturbed by them.

It may be worth having a chat with the GP as some meds can cause the symptoms, while others may ease them.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Trisha54

Your sister sounds deeply disturbed by her nightmares. I haven`t heard of anything as distressing as this and I wonder if her doctor would consider prescribing anti anxiety medication to see if it helps.

Has your sister tried leaving a light on at night? Either a low watt light in the bedroom or the hall.