Dream

Dee Smith

Jun 26, 2024
I have a question. My mom is not diagnosed with anything. However she is 84 and called me tonight asking about how I was going to get to her house tomorrow. She apparently fell asleep and was dreaming about a conversation we had earlier this week. After we talked for a few minutes she realized it was a dream. She said she fell asleep hard and then woke up. Is this a sign of something? Should I be concerned?

2ndAlto

Nov 23, 2012
Hello @Dee Smith, welcome to the forum.

I think we've all had the experience of having a dream and waking up a bit confused - I personally don't think that on its own is a concern unless she is asking other slightly unusual questions or repeating questions. However, I have no medical training whatsoever so I am not really qualified to comment. If you are at all concerned maybe a medical check would be in order?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome from me too @Dee Smith

Waking from a dream often causes confusion and your mother realised it as she was speaking to you.

I wouldn't worry for now, unless any other behaviours are causing you concern, although I too have no medical training.

Is there anything in your family history which is causing you to be so aware?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
If its dementia there will be other things as well
Maybe keep a diary of any unusual things that you notice and see whether there is a pattern or its getting more frequent?

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra