Donepezil hydrochloride or ( Aricept)

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Donepezil hydrochloride or ( Aricept)

I have been on Aricept for several years no problem with the medication however my repeat prescription of Aricept doesn’t have the days of the week on the packaging strips I relied on this obviously I knew I had taken it ok I know I can buy some sort of box with week days on but that not the point I should have thought it’s was important to have the week days on a dementia medication, has any one else come across this by the chemist shop come from a very well known group

I have sent an email to the Company along with a few other important people involved in dementia care so watch this space
Tony

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Tony I understand what you mean as when I first started taking Aricept 5mg the inner strip packing containing the tablets where day marked "And" since moving to my new 10mg Oroldispoersible Aricept the days still remain on the inner packaging.

Have you questioned your problem with the chemist or your doctor, and dare I say as this sort of thing happens out here, but it could be possible, that the medication is not genuine! so you did the right thing in writing to the company, but did you include a sample of the medication so that they could verify it for you!

Talk again very soon and enjoy the heat wave

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Tony I understand what you mean as when I first started taking Aricept 5mg the inner strip packing containing the tablets where day marked "And" since moving to my new 10mg Oroldispoersible Aricept the days still remain on the inner packaging.

Have you questioned your problem with the chemist or your doctor, and dare I say as this sort of thing happens out here, but it could be possible, that the medication is not genuine! so you did the right thing in writing to the company, but did you include a sample of the medication so that they could verify it for you!

Talk again very soon and enjoy the heat wave

Hi Barry yes I sent an email to several including GP I email you a copy right now

Cheers Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo6876