Donation

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi

Just a brief message to say that following my dear wife's funeral in February, the undertakers have informed me that the final donation to the Alzheimer's Society, (as we had requested in lieu of floral tributes) amounted to £440. It is gratifying that so many of our friends and family were able to donate in her memory.

Best wishes
Phil

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
That is a very nice gesture and a lot of money raised @Philbo , I’m sure they are very grateful , we did this but it went to British Heart Foundation and they left me a lovely email and asked if they could call me to talk and learn more about my lovely dad .

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
That's fantastic @Philbo - what a wonderful tribute to your wife.

I must confess that I was a little sad that there were so few flowers at Mum's funeral last month as she loved them so much (although ours and our daughter's made up for it!!) However, I had asked for donations to Dementia UK or Alzheimer's and was stunned by the generosity and huge number of donations from so many. Floral tributes don't last long, but the money raised will do lasting good.
X

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
That's very good @Philbo we did the same at dad's funeral and donated to the Merchant Navy Seafarers fund, it was surprising how much was donated as it was not a big funeral.