1. Donkeyshere

Donkeyshere Registered User

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    My MIL is obsessed with our cat but as it is warmer it likes to go outside more (in the winter it sits on the MIL in her annex she lives in at our house). So as the cat is outside more the MIL has decided that the cat no longer likes her, so she has taken to calling my dog into her annex. Unfortunately the dog has had two ops recently and is not allowed to jump up or down, so the last week I have had to go in and retrieve the dog from the top of her sofa and take her back into our house. The MIL says she is fine as she lifts the dog up onto the sofa (yeah course she does she would fall over if she tried!) and how does she get back down I ask - oh she jumps! So I've had to restrict letting the dog into the garden or she will be way laid into the annex on the pretence of now having a cat treat (even though the dog is on a strict diet) So of course now I am being questioned by the MIL why wont I let her have the dog, after all I've take the cat away and now the dog! And breath and change the subject quickly!

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Definitely a case for going online and taking a look at those lifelike toy pets which can move and be stroked.

3. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    No she would know the difference still at the moment but something to bear in mind for the future - had not even thought of that! I am sure the cat will return once it turns colder!

4. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    My mum is also obsessed with my dog, I bought her a lovely lifelike springer spaniel toy puppy and although she knows that it is a toy mum carries it everywhere and even talks to it so you may be surprised.

5. witts1973

witts1973 Registered User

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    Leamington Spa
    #5 witts1973, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Our cat loves to join mum on her hospital bed at home,I often have to turf him of when the carers come,she also enjoys a couple of well made puppy soft toys that sit on her bed made by Keele toys they are called a Keele patch puppy floppy dog and lie on a bed pefectly,I got them from Ebay and they are a good size,bigger in the flesh that what they looked like in the photo and nicely so

A huge ginger cat that appears in our garden often, appeared in our home tonight when he walked in an open window in the lounge and sat on the window sill,It was a shock!

6. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    I just had a look and they are so cute - even found one just like our mongrel that she loves - but she is not at that stage where she would accept one (she would just say I'm no that dippy yet!) - but its good to know for the future - so many things you would not think off till you come on the forums. Its a thought also for the when she does have to go into care eventually as she has already mentioned that the animals would not be able to see her (although at the moment she categorically anti care home finds all excuses!) thanks

7. Helly68

Helly68 Registered User

Mar 12, 2018
    Something I wonder, Donkeyshere, is if you ordered the toy, said it was for you - that you saw it and like it, might that prompt her to be interested in it even though she knows it isn't real?

Mummy always wants some of what I have (mobile phone, food etc) much more than if I had bought it for her. Also, it reinforces the idea that cuddly toys are cute, and you can like them without being dippy. Well I hope so, because I quite like them.....