Does sun downing stop eventually?

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
My mother has difficulty settling night and spends hours being" busy going nothing" until about 4 in the morning. We have it under control, she is safe and content, but I just wonder at what stage will it stop.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wish I tell you Janey but as everyone is so different, no one would know. I had this problem with my husband for a long time but cannot tell you precisely how long.

For what it`s worth you have my sympathy and understanding and it`s so good to know your mother is safe and content and you have it under control.

My husband was agitated and only wanted to `go home` .

Torontonian

Jan 29, 2014
Toronto, Ontario CANADA
I wish it did.

My mom's up since 3 am looking for her daughter (me) her son and her mother. We've been checking my ID's for the past hour. I had taken a sleeping pill earlier so that I can sleep but no avail. Have to get up soon for work. Hope to catch another hour or so of sleep.

She is so loud, I am sure a neighbour or two is awake too as we live in an apartment building. She is refusing any pills right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I'm another one who wished I knew, Janey - like Grannie G's husband, Mil goes through a period every day, asking for 'home' and getting more and more agitated. It can start at any time, and last for any length of time - we can't predict at all, not even the severity, from day to day.

You have my sympathy too xxx

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
is there an oppersite to sundowning?

at present mum seems to get most confused after her breakfast,,,,seems to think shes on holiday,saying where we going today,,then it starts when we going home,,its very hard 4 me till dinner time 12.30pmish,,,then after her meal,she settles and is ok,,has a nap and alls good again,,the constant rambling does get so wearing and tiering but you get used to it,,,,ahh well best get on,,,,
so just wandeed as in post,,is there opperite to sundowning,,,,ie most confused in morning not evening,,

constant learning curve,,hope you dont think i nuisence always posting on here but so helps:eek:
love to you all,,,,,
xx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
at present mum seems to get most confused after her breakfast,,,,seems to think shes on holiday,saying where we going today,,then it starts when we going home,,its very hard 4 me till dinner time 12.30pmish,,,then after her meal,she settles and is ok,,has a nap and alls good again,,the constant rambling does get so wearing and tiering but you get used to it,,,,ahh well best get on,,,,
so just wandeed as in post,,is there opperite to sundowning,,,,ie most confused in morning not evening,,

constant learning curve,,hope you dont think i nuisence always posting on here but so helps:eek:
love to you all,,,,,
xx

I think my mum sundowns 2,3,4 times a day! I'm still waiting for sundown to shift to when the sun does go down!!!! sorry tired too, due to early morning sundown!

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
My mum is still at her worst at sundowning time, but this has been greatly improved by medication, which makes her mostly less anxious. Sundowning is so awful, I do feel for you.

Torontonian

Jan 29, 2014
Toronto, Ontario CANADA
well, we made it to the morning... half a sleep though.. had breakfast together, got medication in, did the eyedrops and went and picked up my brother's dog to keep her company.... She loves that dog more than anything else.. So I made it to work right after noon.

Now she'll be very busy talking to the dog, brushing the hair and feeding him as well. At the moment, we have no chocolate at home so that is good news for the dog.

Good thing I don't have a job doing important things or dealing with general public.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey