Does anyone else get confused by shifting time on TP?

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
I do get confused when the time zone changes - when I'm logged in to TP the time is GMT - same time as my watch and computer setting but when I'm not logged in it's European time! I'm not imagining this am I?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Do you have DST corrections on or off? It's a setting under general settings.

P.S. I've just had a look and I see what you mean. Yes that is odd, but it is at least consistent, for which I am grateful. If you are not logged on, the software is using GMT + 1. I suspect that this is something to do with the package being a US designed product.

Last edited:

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
My setting is defaulted to Automatically detect DST settings. Not a big issue with me but it could be worrying for others?

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
You can laugh at my expense!

The number of times I have sat at my PC, browsing/searching TP and spotted the time of a post and panicked: “Should have put the tea on/gone to bed an hour ago!!!!!” before I have realised because I’m not logged in there is this ‘time difference’ ....... Perhaps others who remain logged in, use ‘new posts’, use TP daily – (or even possess a clock :rolleyes: – I too rely on the banner line on my PC) – don’t notice it ..... but I find it disorientating at times .....

I know I have raised this before, Jancis, and had a similar reply about ‘it’s the software’ ... but I do find it disturbing that on a forum specifically supporting people with some form/degree of cognitive impairment and their carers – and predominantly for people in the UK - there is no ‘tweak’ or solution – even a little field next to times (with DST+1 or GMT -1 dependent whether you are on-line or offline) would just prompt an immediate recognition not to panic you have just missed the bus you intended to catch ... or you have somehow missed an entire hour of your life?!:eek::D

Hey ho – I live in hope.:rolleyes:

Karen