do the experts help?

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
I have an appointment with my GP in 2.5 hours the first since my diagnosis last month. this appoint is about raging blood pressure not the mixed dementia BUT, over the last couple of weeks I have had bouts of crackly kind of vision, have heard my phone vibrating even though it is switched off and smelt burning but nothing is cooking. is it worth troubling the GP with this or stick to what seems best and valid advice on here. most of the time what I read seems to say the 'experts' don't know whats going on????:confused: :confused:

wayne

I tried asking in the chat room but there is only echoes in there at the moment lol :)

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi The Chewtor
love the name and icon :)
I always work on the theory that what I don't tell the GP s/he will never know so how can I expect a full consideration of what's bothering me - so I do think it best to tell your GP and any medics anything and everything - not being medically trained I'm never sure what is a symptom of something and what is just one of those things, so I'd rather ask/mention something and have my mind set at rest than leave it and realise later it was significant
eg I went to the dentist once with a toothache in one tooth (I thought) and not really a big deal (I thought) - she immediately dealt with a nasty abscess developing under another tooth because she recognised what was wrong from what I described, thank goodness!
People on TP know a lot and have experienced a lot and are wonderful support - I still believe, though, that a good professional is worth their weight in gold - so both are well worth talking to
best wishes

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
thanks Shedrech I will tell all. not sure if I am worried that I will be just wasting time and effort or whether I am am just scared of the reply??? :(

wayne