Do looks matter?

Mudlark

Jan 13, 2020
Thankyou for your helpful replies. I think it is more about me, than her, even as time goes by I am getting 'used' to seeing her in a different way. It's almost as if I am saying goodbye, but not forgetting my mother of the past and accepting this new version of her. It's a strange and upsetting experience but I can see there is no 'going back' so I must adjust my expectation.

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
One Of the things I work so hard on is having positive communication with mum.
By that I suppose I mean not criticising her decisions.
I have often posted that I have my invisible parrot on my shoulder that shouts the truth about things, while I smile and say all is well and not to worry.
The other day she put on a ripped blouse when she was seeing her sister, the woman she used to be would have been horrified.
I had to interfere on this one, so picked out a nice alternative blouse, pointed out the rip and suggested a quick change, using every bit of charm I possess.
It didn’t work so visited the sister in the ripped blouse!
I think the other thing I continually work on is ‘ does it matter’ often the things we stress about don’t really matter it is just a result of our culture and upbringing.
on a training course we got told to think about the saying ‘ people don’t remember what you did or said but how you made them feel’.
I try and build that into our communications.

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
"Hola" / Hi! I really find you posting "bueno" / nice.

Yes -- "the golden rule" treating others as I would like others treating me or one of my loved ones --> that's truly a blessing & having a feeling although my situation I'm useful to others.

I like to sure the following, about 1/2 an hour ago I was feeling down / depress / fearful.

I sat down before a small table I have at home, close my eyes & commenced meditating on the Higher Power of my understanding.

I went to the web & click "words of hope", & I come across the following that really was a blessing in my life.

" ... is fighting your battles, arranging things in your favor, and making a way even when you don't see a way"

I find it therapedic thing on my daily blessings.
1) My faith
2) My loved ones & friends
3) My medication prescribed by my HealthCare providers.
4) AA (Dr. Bob & Bill W. friends), AD fellowship meetings.

"Baby steps / Easy does it / Live & let live / By the Love & Grace of a Higher Power of my understanding today & now I'm alive & could reason ---> That's a Big blessing.

"Buenas noche" / Good night, be safe & lots ... of blessings.

One moment at a time.