Do I tell him?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I still find weird stuff in weird places! The hoarding of random stuff( usually rubbish & out of date food!) is unbelievable yet the photo albums are strangely empty......

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I have just found a bag of mandarins in the fridge and some chicken pieces in the cupboard.

When my husband was first diagnosed five years ago, the geriatrician told him that he was in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

Since then it rarely gets a mention though he is quick to judge some of his fellow club members as definitely having dementia when they play badly.

However, I have a vivid recollection of what happened when we were watching the final episode of Wallander on TV who was trying to come to terms with his own diagnosis. My husband became quite emotional and it was one of the rare moments when he had some insight into how his diagnosis had an effect on me.

Since then he is far more concerned about his physical health (cardiac issues) and rarely makes any connection with AD. If he asked me or wanted to discuss it I would but would have no expectations for the outcome.

Kerringtonjg

Jan 24, 2017
I still find weird stuff in weird places! The hoarding of random stuff( usually rubbish & out of date food!) is unbelievable yet the photo albums are strangely empty......

Today I found a carrier bag of putrefying kitchen waste locked in mums filing cabinet, while all her important papers have been moved into a plastic box in her bedroom!

Go figure! Lol

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
The regular checking of cupboards & random bag searches never fail to disappoint ! What new form of hide & seek surprise awaits me this week?

ahha .... old hearing aid batteries squirrelled away by the carton full in her best black handbag!
So we took the usual handbag to Dads funeral & left that little collection tone sorted out another day when all feeling emotionally stronger!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare