Do I or don’t I ....

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
.... post a message to say how wretched I feel and how worried I am about mum.

I know you will understand but having gone through a system that is not listening to me I’m a bit bruised.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about me calling the crisis team and mum being admitted to hospital.

Well things have got worse and I’ve had to raise concerns with the ward and the SW has also raised concerns with the ward over her treatment but that’s not why I’m posting .

I got a call Wednesday to say mum had tested positive for Covid-19 and is showing symptoms.

Think I just need to reach out to others that will understand x

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Just me , we are here to listen. This is all so tough, and the current crisis makes it 100 times worse. Not much practical I can say other than I hope your mother recovers well and that something is sorted out for her continuing care.
Keep posting, If you need someone to talk please phone the support line or the Samaritans .
Dementia Connect support line: 0333 150 3456 and dementia.connect@alzheimers.org.uk
Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90 and jo@samaritans.org

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that @Just me . Keep posting to let us all know how things are going. We will be thinking of you and your mum and hoping that everything turns out ok.

Whisperer

Mar 27, 2017
Southern England
Dear @Just me

I am sorry to read your news. I would like to say your mum is in the best place to help her with Covid19 but it sounds like you have real concerns about her care before this happened.

no doubt others will post better replies than my own, but I could not read your post and not reply. I hope your mum recovers from Covid19. Please take care of yourself as well. Worry is natural but have you family and friends to talk to. Please keep posting here. Moments like these words are inadequate, but I hope things go well in the coming days and weeks.

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
@Just me , we are here to listen. This is all so tough, and the current crisis makes it 100 times worse. Not much practical I can say other than I hope your mother recovers well and that something is sorted out for her continuing care.
Keep posting, If you need someone to talk please phone the support line or the Samaritans .
Dementia Connect support line: 0333 150 3456 and dementia.connect@alzheimers.org.uk
Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90 and jo@samaritans.org

Thank you.
Yes, I have all those links and phone numbers but they may help others reading this.

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Dear @Just me

I am sorry to read your news. I would like to say your mum is in the best place to help her with Covid19 but it sounds like you have real concerns about her care before this happened.

no doubt others will post better replies than my own, but I could not read your post and not reply. I hope your mum recovers from Covid19. Please take care of yourself as well. Worry is natural but have you family and friends to talk to. Please keep posting here. Moments like these words are inadequate, but I hope things go well in the coming days and weeks.

Hi @Whisperer, disagree, words mean so much, thank you .

No family but have good friends though it’s hard for them to understand the dementia aspect and added worries x

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
I’m sorry too @Just me , hoping mum had a speedy recovery and that she gets the right care and attention . Take care of you too. ?

Thanks @Woo2

I’ve beenso busy all week with healthcare officials that I’m dwelling on it today. That’s why I’m lurking on this site ?

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
I’m trying to take my mind off things by catching up on posts on here but I’ve had 4 text messages and 1 email today addressed to mum reminding me shes tested positive, to self isolate and thanks for helping the NHS.

I already rang the county track and trace and NHS track earlier in the week to tell them it was mum with the positive test not me and to remove my details.

Why the hospital have given track and trace anyone’s number is beyond me.

I don’t want reminding ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It was meant to say has not had ! Sounds like a full on week , I find when I have too much time on my hands I think too much and over analyze , idle hands and all that . Hope you get some good news soon . ?

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Yes I @Woo2, I agree that I’m overanalysing.
I keep myself busy, self protection to distract me possibly and it’s been a stressful week.
I’m just too tired today to do much.
Doesn’t help that I can’t get the ward to answer the phone for an update.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @Just me we are also currently in 'The System' as dads care company have given notice to quit dads at home care in three weeks. We have been going round in circles for a while now as Crisis Team having been called out to see dad three times since June this year and last month on their latest visits said that dad had enough capacity to have his wish to stay home and not try any respite care. If dad had been better than he is we would like dads care to have continued at home longer because obviously with the Covid situation its a real worry about him going into a CH but quite honestly he's not doing well at home any longer. Dads aggressive tendencies towards the carers has become unacceptable and they are reluctant going into him. We just have to hope dad gets the care he needs but its frustrating with the waiting and not knowing how they intend to resolve this as we can't care for dad full time ourselves.
I quite understand your frustration and worries I hope your mum will be better very soon. Take Care ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sounds like you need some time to just try and relax and get some rest , easier said than done I appreciate .

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks @Wildflowerlady
I’ve been keeping up with your news though I don’t think I’ve commented.
I’m not new to dementia but new to the social care system and feel for everyone trying to navigate it especially when things go wrong.
I hope you can resolve your dad’s situation soon x

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
@Just me...your not lurking you just reaching out to the good folk on TP as many of us do ...and thank goodness theres always someone on here to listen and try to ease the worry.
i wish you strength and hope you get the help you so clearly need for your mum.
(((((( hugs)))) A x

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
@Just me...your not lurking you just reaching out to the good folk on TP as many of us do ...and thank goodness theres always someone on here to listen and try to ease the worry.
i wish you strength and hope you get the help you so clearly need for your mum.
(((((( hugs)))) A x

Thank you x

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27