Disrect Nurse

Catherine M

Oct 13, 2008
Hi all my names Catherine, I care for my husband Gerry, need to get this off my chest I am on a warning from my Doctors to back off and stop pushing for things .Gerry has lots of things wrong with him he takes 26 tablets a day his bowel was blocked we waited four days for a Disrect Nurse he also has a pressure sore she came today and said sorry there must have been a mix up just seam to be banging my head on a wall nobody cares it seams in the NHS just haveing a bad time just now :(

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Catherine,

I am amazed that the Doctor has given you a warning.

When we are fighting for help for our loved ones, the N.H.S. may be short staffed but as a Carer help is desperately needed.

Can you change your Doctor or write a letter, go and see him/her?

Some more members will come on line and offer help.

Best wishes
Christine

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
sorry your being treated this way.If you can,find out the disrict nurses number,then ring them.if not then go to your local PCT and inform them of your concerns.May i ask if you have a social worker?

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Wot? On a warning from your doctor? I have never heard of such a thing, and it would simply never happen with my doctor. Can you contant the surgery again and ask for a one-to-one with him or her.

And pronto.

Much love

Margaret.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Catherine

Go to the Doctors.
Cause a stink.
Demand to see the Doctor.

Do it NOW.

I know what I am talking about.

With Love Barb XX

Catherine M

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks
Doctor says that I am rude to her staff and demand things to be do for my husband Gerry but if you dont push nothing gets done you have to be a carer to understand you look after then 24/7 the Doctor sees them for ten mins will never give up the fight tomorrow is other day Regards Catherine

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Doctor says that I am rude to her staff

Is there any basis in that assertion?

If there is, then try other routes instead. I know that desperation breeds anger, but if that anger simply causes a closing of ranks on the other side, it gets you nowhere.

Cold reasoning and using their own system has worked for us. Also, establishing a positive relationship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gardenlodge