Dementia

Clemm

Feb 18, 2024
My husband is undergoing tests and we are waiting for the results. Both are stress levels are sky high, I have pain all down my left side while writing this. I feel I am not dealing with him the correct way. Every day is difficult, he keeps having obsessions, hoovers, money, his latest is losing keys or hiding them. He knows something is wrong and it must be so frustrating for him too. He is the shadow of the man he once was. It’s heartbreaking for his children too.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Clemm and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your husband...It's tough going through the testing process - from what you say I am assuming he is undergoing memory testing, possibly a scan, and you are awaiting results. The symptoms you describe are certainly quite common with people with dementia. It certainly is all heartbreaking - for him, for you and the children. I hope you get the results soon. At least then you know what you are dealing with ... although a word of caution, it will likely be a rollercoaster of times going forward. I expect you know that already.

Do have a good look around the forums, and ask any particular questions you may like to. Members here really do want to help and you'll always find understanding here too.

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
Hello @Clemm I am sorry to hear that you and your husband and family are awaiting the results of tests for dementia. It’s a difficult time, but once you know what you are up against you can start planning your next steps. It’s a very stressful time for you both, and I do hope you can share your feelings on here. You will be surrounded by people going through the same things, and will receive lots of support and advice. Do let us know how you get on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoAnnA 🐝