Dementia Challenge Groups – would you like to contribute via a second thread?

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Its still on face book !

Hi Brucie , Thanks for the F Book "Link " & have just read your helpful post / comment & have "Liked " it for you ! !

Well done for all your hard work ( THANK YOU ) .....My Dad has Moderate Dementia & lives at Home :) with Mum

Love Grove x

Ballettoes

Sep 19, 2011
North east coast
Compassion and care till the end.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place and the post gets read because I would like to know what others think.
When my Mam was in a primary care trust hospital I saw a lady obviously near the end of her life in one of the smaller two beds bays next to the larger bay my Mams was in.
She was fully visible from the corridor to everyone, lying on her back with her mouth open with no teeth and her hair back from her forehead sheets up to her chin she was not conscious.
I hope the graphic description will not distress anyone.
She looked so alone lying there where everybody could see her.
I felt so sad for her, would she have wanted that for herself?
Dying should not be hidden away but to be dying and people not your loved ones walking back and forth buckets trollys clattering. Didn't seem right to me.
Would I want that, would I want that for my Mam ? No.
A curtain pulled across the window a screen beside the bed not to difficult to organise really.
Just wanted to post maybe I should have said something anyway I had kind thoughts for her:(.

Last edited:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
W I HELP THE "Champion Group "

Hello Brucie & Everybody , Have started my "Own Thread " about this but in case you were not aware the N Federation W I have signed up :) to this ( you might have met a few of the Ladies ? )

Sorry to have "taken over " your Thread

Best Wishes

Grove x