Dementia care through rose coloured spectacles

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Angela, I am truly in awe of all that you have achieved. I, too, wished that you had been nearer at hand when Brian was still living at home with me. I was convinced that the services you were providing would have been absolutely right for him. But Cornwall was a bit too far to come ...

You will not "mess up." You love your job and you know it from top to bottom and your enthusiasm and understanding of all that you are dealing with will shine through. I have no doubts at all that you will get what is needed to continue because it will be clear to the powers-that-be that you are at the helm of the flagship of dementia care.

Sending love,
Nan XXX

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Thanks Nan, I just have to keep reading the financial reports done for our service over and over . I can speak for England about service provision etc it the financials I can`t remember.

Only been to London twice, once as a little girl and once to the AS HQ!!!

Don`t know how long they will take to let me know the verdict.I will keep you posted.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Take notes with you, Angela. I am quite sure they would not expect you to have every figure on the tip of your tongue.

Love, Nan XXX

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Angela

I have followed your story since you first posted on here and I am so happy that things are progressing in the way that they are for you. You provide the services which everyone associated with dementia would like to have available in their area. Maybe some day you can look at franchising so we can all access your services locally !

Wishing you all the best in London, I am sure that you will have them captivated in no time!

Fiona
x

ooster22

Aug 11, 2011
Cornwall
Wish I had found your thread a year ago

Dear Angela,

I've just been reading your thread and by process of deduction then found your website. I WISH I'D KNOWN ABOUT IT A YEAR AGO when I was desperately looking for a day care place to take mum. Before she got sick and ultimately ended up in a local EMI/Nursing Home, I was desperately looking for somewhere nice she could go with staff that really understood the problems she was starting to have when her dementia first began to 'show itself'. I searched for day centres in Cornwall on line but never found your wonderful place.

Sadly, now it is too late for mum as she is in the CH - but just wanted to say - keep up the good work, what you are doing is brilliant. If you ever think about opening a residential home - please let me know - mum would be first on your list to move in!!!!

danny

Sep 9, 2009
Sylvia, Pied , thanks for posting, I really appreciate this.

Fiona, the franchising apect is what we are looking to do, I just hope there are potential franchisees out there willing to take on a Community Interest Company franchise, and not be driven by profits. If we changed it to a normal LTD company franchise we would lose sight of what we are all about.

Ooster, I`m sorry you couldn`t find us. I hope your mum is settled in her new home.Thanks for reading and using your powers of detection to find us!!!!!

I will be reading up reports most of the weekend, my meeting is on weds morning.

I do have to think of a plan B, just not got one at the moment :)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Angela

I have at last caught up with your thread and you are amazing. To express how I feel about your dedication would be to repeat what the others have said. You are a gem and I wish there were more of you.

I wish you all the luck possible on Wednesday and wil be logging in to hear how you got on. You will not mess up. If anyone messes up it will be the others. But I so hope they do not.

Glad you have taken time off today, had a quiet Sunday afternoon. Sometimes you do need such a break to recharge your batteries.

On Wednesday I'll be with you in thought as I am sure will be everyone else. All the very best.

Love
Loo xxx

danny

Sep 9, 2009
Hi Loo , it isn`t just me , I do have an excellent team behind me now and lots of support from the NHS and social services.

I am one of the lucky few , I adore my work and I love working with people:)

I also am very stubborn and won`t give up untlil I get what I want:D

Yes it has been a hard two years, but we are almost there.

Take care, Angela.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Hello danny
I have only just noticed this thread
Like so many of your friends on TP I wish you good luck on wednesday
Many of us will have you in our thoughts on and off , and keeping our fingers crossed . I'm sure you will do well, look 'em in the eye and tell 'em how it is
I am sure my lovely lady would have approved that I send a virtual 'Lovely Lady'
rose to wish a lovely lady good luck
God Bless
jimbo 111
helen roses 013 (2).jpg

danny

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks Jimbo.

The property we are hoping to purchase has a lovely walled garden that needs a bit of TLC and then it will be our memory garden, full of My Lovely Ladies , and in need of a certain person to unveil it:):)

danny

Sep 9, 2009
Well, I have just expereienced one of the most traumatic 24hrs of my life.

I arrived in London last night, bear in mind I live in Cornwall and have only been to London twice, once on a school trip and the second time to the AS HQ.I have never seen so many people out at night and traffic!!!!

I settled into my hotel room, went on my own ,hubby was busy here etc. Midnight I had an asthmatic attack, I have very mild asthma and have an inhaler sometimes.Which bright spark didn`t take it with her!!!! Spent three hours in university hospital on a nebuliser etc, put it down to the London Air:D:D

It was all a blur, any way, had to present to the investment board at 11am. There were 12 on the committee including two observers from the Dept of Health.

Daniel, my financial advisor was present with me. They grilled me for a good 30 minutes and then said we could go.I was shaking like a jelly and just wanted to get back home ASAP. I was convinced I had said all the wrong things and was in a right fest trying to find my way back to Paddington!!!!

Got on the train and 30 minutes later I had a phone call.

WE HAVE GOT THE INVESTMENT:):):):):D:D:):)

A big , big thankyou to everyone on TP who has supported and encouraged me over the last two years, without this I would have given up the chase.

Jimbo, you know where you are coming now !!!!! I will let you know when etc by PM after Xmas.:):)

Got back to Cornwall about 7pm, tired but so excited and relieved.

So a huge, huge, thankyou to you all!!!!

geum123

May 20, 2009
Angela,
Your really deserve this. I'm so pleased for you.:)

CONGRATULATIONS & WELL DONE

Bluebury

Jul 21, 2010
North Manchester
Congratulations

That is some of the best news that I have heard in a long time. I look forward to following your progress and development. If ever I am down in Cornwall I would love to visit - to see how it can be done!

S