Dementia and Moderating

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
There are many people on this web site who have Dementia of one form or another and contribute on a regular basis, so why not consider becoming a Moderator.

You have your experience which you can share with others, starting out on this journey, and that is very important for all concerned.

By doing this you will also be helping yourself, I can tell you that it is a very interesting and fulfilling role, and you will also be a spokesman for others with the illness.

Ken

Last edited:

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Many thanks for highlighting this Ken. :)

Anyone with any questions about the moderator role is always welcome to contact me - either via PM on Talking Point, or via email at kwatt@alzheimers.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Katherine

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
I am truly amazed that up till now, no one that I know of who has dementia has volunteered to become a moderator.

You not only are helping and encouraging others to keep their brains more active by getting involved with the posts, but you are also helping yourself by showing just what it is possible to acheive.

Its not a hard role and you really do get a lot of support in doing it, along with a strong feeling of friendship from other moderators.

In doing this you are also encouraging others with the illness to get more involved on a daily basis.

So lets hope that out of all the people with dementia on Talking Point, that we can attract at least one person to the team

I was only a moderator for a few months, until I lost control of the computer keyboard, but I really enjoyed it and can truly recommend it to all.

Ken

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozziegirl