Day Clocks

sonia owen

Hi All,

I am looking to nuy my Mum a date clock. One to put on her dressing table in the bedroom and another to put in her lounge. I t should help her to remember what day and maybe the date.
We have clock on the kitchen wall, but unless sje makes a point of going into that room, then she can lose track of the days. I thought I had seen one in Argos. I don't want anything too big or too expensive.
Many Thanks

lLove Sonia xxxxx

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I bought a day and date clock from the internet....it took me a while to find it and some were really expensive but i paid about £12 including postage. It is kitchen clock size. It was on amazon. It has the day and the date but not the month and it is clear. I hung it low in the kitchen and directly underneath I have a laminated chart with the days of the week across the top and down the side it has Morning, lunchtime Afternoon and Evening spaces. I only fill in 2 days at a time with the bare minimum of information and she seems able to cope with it at the moment. It works because we taught her to look at the clock for the day and date then look at the chart.
She doesn't need the month it just confuses her. I'm thinking of buying a second one for the sitting room but she is resisting strongly lol and she is really spiteful when she is resisting...sigh

sonia owen

Thanks for replies

Hi All,
I have just ordered 2 black Retro Vintage Flip clocks from good ols Amazon. They should be just the job,not too big. Easy to read for her needs of forgetting days. One will go in the lounge and the other on her dressing table in the bedroom.

Love Sonia xxxx

Aquamanda

Jan 8, 2012
Hi Sonia,
Don't know if this is the type you ordered but can highly recommend it from Amazon.
Karlsson Calendar Flip Wall Clock - Bubble Black
It is a good size and free standing (not a wall clock )and battery operated; it is expensive £69/99 but worth every penny. It gives the Day, Date and time AM and PM - it also has a clock built in to the face of it. I looked at loads on the internet but a lot have the
American format date or weird digital numbers etc - the home where my mother is says they are going to invest in one for the residents; it really was a godsend when my mother was living on her own; she could manage a wall calendar once she referred to the flip clock.
best wishes
Elizabeth