Day 13

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
False leg football...residents must have wondered whose leg they were using and did they mind! Not an easy object to manipulate at the best of times, never mind when you have got a scoobie of what’s going on.
CHs may hold fetes so they can tick the ‘links with the community’ box. Everything is box ticking these days, shame there isn’t one for common sense.
P.S. Can I join the strop club please? If you don’t let me I’ll scream, and I’ll scream and I’ll scream :D
So very true. Thank you and Welcome to The Strop Club! xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi Rolypoly, As well as the proposed "Strop Society", I reckon we all need to form a "Scream Choir". You know, like the Military Wives Choir, but for male and female carers who might benefit from a united scream session? I could have done with a large-scale backing group today, at the very least.
But I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess, because I still have my wife here at home with me, not having her crayons nicked or being confused by daft activities at a CH fete.
My heart goes out to those who have to visit their loved ones in impersonal surroundings and undignified conditions. Big hugs to all of you. xx from Lifebuoy44
The Scream Club sounds like an excellent idea!! We've not "met" before but you have my admiration and respect in caring for your beloved wife at home. Kind Regards and Best Wishes. xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Well time I left @yak55 's thread, which I've enjoyed immensely, and returned to my own but before I go, Thank You for having me and, Wow, I agree with each and every one of the "Strops" here. CH's are indeed the final homes of our family members and as such, should be respected and the residents afforded the same courtesy as we would give to anyone when we set foot in their homes. The Don't Stop Until You Strop can also be found on my Thread and I hope with all Members who have kindly joined @yak55 and myself! ;). Goodnight all. Sleep well. Love & Hugs Jan xxxx

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
False leg football...residents must have wondered whose leg they were using and did they mind! Not an easy object to manipulate at the best of times, never mind when you have got a scoobie of what’s going on.
CHs may hold fetes so they can tick the ‘links with the community’ box. Everything is box ticking these days, shame there isn’t one for common sense.
P.S. Can I join the strop club please? If you don’t let me I’ll scream, and I’ll scream and I’ll scream :D
Ha ha ha rolypoly - you're IN chuckle x

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Well time I left @yak55 's thread, which I've enjoyed immensely, and returned to my own but before I go, Thank You for having me and, Wow, I agree with each and every one of the "Strops" here. CH's are indeed the final homes of our family members and as such, should be respected and the residents afforded the same courtesy as we would give to anyone when we set foot in their homes. The Don't Stop Until You Strop can also be found on my Thread and I hope with all Members who have kindly joined @yak55 and myself! ;). Goodnight all. Sleep well. Love & Hugs Jan xxxx
X

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Ah, loud music @yak55 - another of my strop triggers!! You're right, peace seems to be regarded as unwelcome silence sometimes.
When mum was at home, she would sit quietly looking out of the window for days at a time. Not that I'm especially recommending that, but she obviously does need periods of quietness. She does like music - when she first went into the home I took her a little CD player with her favourite CDs for her room. Too often I found it turned up loud, presumably to disguise her shouting .....absolutely not good enough. Anyway I complained and we've got past that issue now. CD player is now in the residents lounge! :D

Think I might be another one in the shady garden on the day of the fete!!