Dad left in bed all day due to being aggressive

Kaggs

Hi this is my first time here had one bad year was having my mum diagnosed just before Xmas last year when in January dad had a stroke very minor one but due to mum conditions and he was the carer was not allowed home till care in place for him in Feb he had a fall was told nothing serious but he started to get very confused by April he was in full time care home with no function due to vascular dementia over the last few times every time I go to the home he is left in bed they say it's due to his aggressive and upset the other residents I am so angry and upset at least give him some life what can I do as he needs a lot of supervision he is in a dementia nursing home

Tin

Welcome to talking point, hope you can find some answers here, you will definitely find support. I have to ask, how are they managing to keep your father in bed all day, with dementia I would have thought that telling him to stay in bed would be useless, so how are they achieving this?

Just reread your post, sounds like he has no mobility, so would be unable to get himself out of bed? Is his dementia quite severe?

Kaggs

Welcome to talking point, hope you can find some answers here, you will definitely find support. I have to ask, how are they managing to keep your father in bed all day, with dementia I would have thought that telling him to stay in bed would be useless, so how are they achieving this?

Just reread your post, sounds like he has no mobility, so would be unable to get himself out of bed? Is his dementia quite severe?
Yes very severe he can not walk feed himself and very confused

Tin

Oh dear that is sad, but not sure what to suggest except to make sure they are keeping a close eye on any developing bed sores - talk to them about this. Obviously there is a wheelchair at the ready, any chance that with a carers help you could transfer him and take him for a walk around the home and gardens? that is of course if you visit during day light hours.