Dad finally at peace

Emmy_83

Mar 8, 2014
Yorkshire
Re:

We went to see him at the hospital chapel of rest today. Was nervous but glad I did it. Is it morbid that I wish there was some way we could keep our loved ones like that so we can see them even after death?

He looked so peaceful but oh just that thought of not seeing him again after the funeral.

My mum is up and down. Relief but also sadness at losing her other half of 35 years. Hard to know what to say to her but just trying to listen to all her stories even though I've heard them lots :).

Want to stay here for a bit after the funeral but then don't know if staying longer will be harder for her to be left on her own and whether I should try and at least try going home at weekends and be here during the week for the next two/three weeks before I start a new job next month back home 200 miles away :-(

So hard to know what to do for the best but trying my hardest to sort everything out for her.

And Christmas around the corner which she obviously has no interest in.

Xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
No, it's not morbid, it's utterly understandable, Emmy.

Sometimes when I hold mum's hand it's not only to comfort her, it's to feel her warmth. I'm so dreading when that ends.

Again, I'm so sorry.

X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5