Court appointed deputy

silversea2020

May 12, 2019
Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for a COP panel Deputy to be instructed following Court decision etc? It has been 8 weeks since the decision was made & still no Deputy appointed.

Thanks in advance

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
AFAIK the decision as to who will be appointed deputy is made on the day of the court decision.

Is it possible that one has been appointed, but you have not been informed of the decision?

silversea2020

May 12, 2019
Thank you. Yes, we were well aware that the Court would appoint an independent Deputy on the hearing date so that was good news.

Yes, it probably is that we haven’t been notified exactly who the Deputy is due to the paperwork process. It just seems to be taking an awfully long time & was interested to find out how long we have to wait or if anyone had experience of this.

I know these things I are never immediate but our case has dragged on for an awfully long time.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I was made deputy for my mum and I got the letter plus certificates within two weeks.
I do not know if the court will contact you directly, or whether it will need to come from the panel deputy.