Continuous health care

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Just a bit of background info about my situation, both Mum and Dad were awarded CHC, not through any huge input on my part, although I had done a lot of research just in case.

I can't really understand why Social Workers are obstreperous when it comes to CHC assessments. As I understand it, the award of CHC absolves the Local Authority of any financial involvement in the provision of care.

Dad was awarded his in May, they haven't had to pay Nursing Home fees yet as he is in Hospital but ready for discharge. I know there can be a 3 month review so I asked what would happen if he 'failed' the review and was told SS would fight tooth and nail to not let that happen.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
My MIL was awarded CHC last year, just a few months before she died. I remember asking about the 3-month review and being told by the nurse who did the assessment that we shouldn't worry about that, firstly because there was such a backlog of new assessments to do that they had very little time to do them :eek:; secondly, that it was sadly unlikely that mum's condition would improve enough to make a difference to the outcome.

debgraham

Apr 12, 2013
NHS Continuing Care

Hi Chaps,
About to attend the hearing for my mum's care. Have read through the DST and various posts.
Can anybody tell me how the assessment is made when it covers a period of four years and is assessing a deteriorating situation? I started the process when Mum was in a home, she has since died (a year ago).
Thank you.:confused: