Constant Maintenance to Parent’s Home

Misslovely

Mar 22, 2021
I work full time and have set up carers for my Mother who come to the house every morning for an hour and then for an hour and a half two days a week in the afternoons. I deal with medical appointments and lots of other things as I have family who won’t or can’t help.

My Mother has a leak in her bedroom but gets angry if anyone comes to the house to do repairs without her being involved. I try and involve her in this as much as possible. It’s been a saga trying to get someone to sort out the repair.

I may have found a company that can do the repair. I will have to take time off work to be at the house for several days. I am probably over thinking this but my Mother pushed me last week in anger. I am worried she might open her window when the repair is taking place and cause someone to fall off the scaffolding.

I don’t think respite care is going to work as it is so difficult to get her to places she doesn’t want to go. She would probably get upset if I got her there and left her and might not take her medication.

I don’t know what to do except be at the house when the carers aren’t there and distract her.

It’s getting to the point where I don’t have time to do everything but can’t get any help from family.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Can you take her out somewhere for most of the day when the carers arnt there?
Could you get the carers to come in for longer hours temporarily while the work is being carried out?