Cognitive memory impairment

Basher

Jun 14, 2023
Good morning and thank you for letting me join this group.
My name is Tracey age 55
I was diagnosed with cognitive memory impairment some few months ago.
There is a possibility I may have the Alzheimer’s gene to. I just wanted to see if there where people on here my age group to talk about it, share any thoughts.
I have done some daft things with this memory, like nearly set fire to my home, lose credit cards , keys, communications. I have to daughters grown up but don’t understand which is not there fault but feel very alone in this.
Thank you for reading.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Basher.

I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis and consequent worries. I’m glad you’ve found this forum and I know you will get a lot of support and understanding here. Please don’t feel alone - there will always be some here to listen.

You might find this publication useful -

The Memory Handbook.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Welcome to this forum from me too @Basher . You have come to the right place as our friendly and supportive members have a wealth of experience of many different aspects of dementia.

I am sorry to learn of your recent diagnosis and the obvious anxieties you have. Just being able to share and know that people understand and care enough to answer can be an enormous help when times get hard. So please do keep with us, even if you just want to let off a bit of steam!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCNHERE