Coconut oil

Hi, I just wrote this replying to someone's post, but then thought it will be an interesting topic to discuss on a thread:

Since I am just a new member, maybe I am missing to read if anyone has posted about coconut oil? Has anyone tried it on your loved ones? Have you seen any results? I tried it with my dad but have not been constant enough (3 spoons per day ideally - he only takes half or 1) to notice any changes. He was more alert and fluent speaker when he started taking it, though.

In case (I doubt it) you have not heard the full study and story about coconut oil, here is one of several links. I even wrote to Dr. Newport as soon as I learned about it and she replied back! (well, maybe someone else from her team):
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...eimers-disease

Blessings to all! :eek:

Margaret938

Hello Care.daughter,
I have been in correspondence (email) to Dr Mary Newport, since first reading hers and Kal Palmers story about Coconut oil. I write very regularly to Mary Newport and she always replies, I have no reason to doubt that it is her who replies. I unload my problems to her and she tells me all about her husband, good and bad. I have been giving Coconut oil and MCT oil in a drink to my husband George for a few months now, at first when he was at home I gave him it three times a day, now that he is in a CH I give him it when I visit daily 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a smoothie. He loves it and although I have not witnessed any ground breaking effects on him, I believe that it MAY be doing a little good, if anything he is very much calmer and much more alert than he was before I started using it. He takes notice of all around him and he is not nearly so troubled as he was. Of course, this could have nothing to do with the CO but I am one to grasp on to a straw, and I have to believe in something.
I know that there is no cure for this awful disease, but the longer I can hold on to my darling husband the better.
Take care,
Love Margaret x

Justholistic

May 28, 2013
Stockport area
Hello, my MIL moved in with us in April & has advanced Alzheimer's ...
I ordered a case of coconut oil.. I have been giving it to her 3x a day, cooking with it & making coconut chocolates, ice cream - you name it, I've made it..

I have to admit that we have not seen any improvement in her condition, she is deteriorating daily...

I'm wondering if perhaps her condition was too advanced for it to have a positive effect ?

I've also been using a lot of turmeric as this too is meant to help - but the irony is that as she is Asian she has been consuming turmeric all of her life...

I believe it makes me feel better knowing that we are trying everything we can to help her, but ultimately this disease is far greater than any cure..

Margaret938

Hello Justholistic
I am so sorry that you have found no benefits at all from CO, and you seem to be using it to its potential. I must admit that I never saw any of the immediate changes in my husband that I read others had had. However, we are not alone, some have seed dramatic changes some have found none, but like you I am willing to try anything. As I said I have seen no substantial changes, but the illness has not progressed either, as far as I can see, so I will keep plodding on with it.
take care,
Love Margaret x

Cute

Oct 28, 2012
where to buy Coconut Oil from in Uk?

Hi, can anyone tell me where to buy the coconut oil in powder form from? also how much of it do you give a day?

Oh, my profile had some technical problems but somehow got fixed! I'm catching up with old threads and found that there were so other comments on this one! Margareth, Thank you for telling me you believe is Dr. Newport herself you have been writing with! Back this time I was also very hopeful by this. I even found some recipes of how to prepare coconut oil at home. I looked like a crazy scientist surrounded by tons of coconuts in my kitchen, attempting a good result. Sadly, I never was able to pull it of right. There is some fermentation involved, and the end product turned to be really gross. For sure I would have made my dad sicker if I would have given it to him! I stopped buying the only one brand I was able to find in my local stores and he did not longer had it. But like you, I could say my dad was also more alert and cooperated a little bit more while taking it. You should continue doing what gives you hope and find useful. My dad has been in a CH for 3 months now and besides a balanced meal, he is taking so many meds. I just wish (among so many wishes) that he could take more natural products and get his body drug-free somehow. I've tried homeopathy for this purpose also. No luck either.
So sweet of you to visit your husband daily. I'm still finding hard to cope with visits, etc. He always asks me to take him back with me. I am like his mother now and the only family member he is still recognizes! As flattering as this could seem, it also makes it harder for me to get some other family members involved when I need a break.
Blessings.

As for the other question, I do not know if there is coconot oil in powder but I hardly believe there is one. It is the oil itself which has the good properties, not the coconut. Best of luck, strenght and patience