Clock with day and date?

candiedsonia

Jul 13, 2012
Watford
Sorry it wouldn't let me put in link until I'd done more that 10posts.
It was from amazon, called Day Clock "Cambrian" by Dayclox.

I looked at lots of others, but she has know idea about days of week or time in general.
So this seemed to work.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thanks gilly and candied :)

Mum actually said she'd like one of these clocks when I asked her .....says she's always worrying about what day it is. So I've finally closed one that is quite similar to something she already has, despite its price :eek: :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Per...-G236A/dp/B007VLQZP0/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_1_GAY5

I hope it does the trick for her at least sometimes.

Sleep tight all ( my battery's wearing down.....:D)

Lindy xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Just a quick update :)

I got mum one of the day / date / time clocks as described above. I took it to her with a bit of trepidation, but she absolutely loves it :D The whole afternoon was peppered with an oft- repeated joke. Her: "Hmm, let me see, what day is it? Oh, look, it's Friday", followed by me: "Oh that's great mum, shall we see what's on the calendar? ", her "There'll be a queue soon to see this!!!"

So....a resounding success so far! :cool:

xx

Last edited:

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Just a quick update :)

I got mum one of the day / date / time clocks as described above. I took it to her with a bit of trepidation, but she absolutely loves it :D The whole afternoon was peppered with an oft- repeated joke. Her: "Hmm, let me see, what day is it? Oh, look, it's Friday", followed by me: "Oh that's great mum, shall we see what's on the calendar? ", her "There'll be a queue soon to see this!!!"

So....a resounding success so far! :cool:

xx

So glad you've had success Lindy!

I talked to Mum about getting a different clock and she said she didn't want one and it would make her more confused even though I tried to explain what it was like. She thought today was Sunday and never knows what day it is these days.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
So glad you've had success Lindy!

I talked to Mum about getting a different clock and she said she didn't want one and it would make her more confused even though I tried to explain what it was like. She thought today was Sunday and never knows what day it is these days.

I have to say I was surprised how well mum took to it ;) I think it helped her (though she couldn't verbalise it) to feel a bit more confident.

However, time will tell (dreadful pun there :eek:) whether she is able now to know what day it is on a regular basis :)

dippydora

Apr 2, 2013
Lalaland
We got our dad a "memory clock", day, date, analogue and digital clock and year displayed. Cost £110.....shocking price, but thought if it settled him regarding what day it was, it would be worth it! After 3 days, dad "fixed it"!!!:rolleyes: It never worked again! Hey Ho!! :D He relys on his TV programme mag now for the date, as long as we turn the page to the right day of course!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
We got our dad a "memory clock", day, date, analogue and digital clock and year displayed. Cost £110.....shocking price, but thought if it settled him regarding what day it was, it would be worth it! After 3 days, dad "fixed it"!!!:rolleyes: It never worked again! Hey Ho!! :D He relys on his TV programme mag now for the date, as long as we turn the page to the right day of course!

I sympathise dippydora,I got a day, date and time clock for Allen as well and after a few days he took it apart to see how it worked, you just think you have something settled when something else appears :eek::D:D

elizabet

Mar 26, 2013
Southampton
Although you mention you are trying to buy an analogue clock this may help another person too. I bought a radio controlled digital calendar clock for my Mum for under £30 on the Complete Care shop website. The numbers are clear .
-I feel the choice of clocks is limited as most are very expensive and as in the case of my Mum she would not accept that the new clock was hers in her care home, likewise her own television when I took it into her room there. Thus I was glad I had not purchased one of the expensive ones.