kated

Mar 16, 2014
hi new to this site. How can I choose the best care providers in my area
St. Helens. Merseyside

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi kated, welcome to TP
Could you say what kind of care you're looking for, is it a care home or carers who come and visit you at home?
I don't know the site rules allow recommendations of this kind on the forum but people could send them using the private message function on here but I don't think you can reply until you've posted on the site a number off time (can't remember if it's 5 or 10).
There's a link to St Helen's website below with a phone number and e-mail, as suggested you could contact them and ask their advice.
K

http://www.sthelens.gov.uk/themes/carer/support-for-carers/care-at-home/

little shettie

Nov 10, 2009
Hi Kated. Finding the right care can be a bit of a minefield. I went through quite a few agencies before I found the right one with the best quality care for my mum. I would recommend perhaps you contact the CQC (Care quality commission) as they should be able to help you choose one that has had good reports and quality of care etc. I was so disillusioned with care agency standards that in the end I applied for direct payments and employed private carers as well as a really good agency that I found in the end! They are out there but seem few and far between if you ask me. I'm not sure of your mums situation but if she is entitled to help with paying for care then I would highly recommend Direct payments as you are in control and its dead simple, not complicated as I first feared. I wish you well in your search xx

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I would go to my local carers cafe - you will find lots of people already accessing services and they will give you info that noone can write down - with a bit of luck you will have info on where to go, who to see, who to avoid like the plague and all sorts of associated information.
Carers Cafes forever - my lifeline and an endless source of local information !

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
In my limited experience private carers via word of mouth seem to be far more reliable, truly caring and not in it for the profit. That's not to say that some people who work for agencies are not very dedicated and professional but I would see if you could network via friends first. CQC is also an excellent baseline for unbiassed information.