CHC Funding

keane

Sep 9, 2005
Hi all

I've just been reading all the recent posts and think it's wonderful that so many of us are putting pressure on our MPs regarding the lack of care for younger people with Dementia. Mum has had Az for 11 years now and we are now finally getting the support that she deserves. We have had a letter from our PCT informing us that mum has been granted CHC funding. We still haven't had confirmation of the funding package but we are hoping that mum is going to get 24 hour care at home and this is what we will be pushing for.

We have also involved our MP as we have found our PCT extremely difficult to deal with throughout this process. I won't go into details yet as our complaint is still being investigated but I'm happy to share how we went through the whole process if anyone thinks it would be helpful.

The last ten years have beeen extremely difficult for the whole family and it has been our battles with the "services" that have nearly broken our family at a time when we needed their support the most. Our family are in a much better place now - mum is at home and we have a fabulous team of carers but this has only been achieved in the last year.

Much love
x