CHC - Discharge Advice

Baldeagle

Jun 19, 2011
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any tips.

Mum has had a fall in the care home (self funder) - broken hip. In hospital just coming through a chest infection and catherised - was on a DNR on the weekend. Ward sounding as if they are getting her ready for discharge. Home saying that they only prepared to have her back when she can open her bowels and able to see to what extent she can weight-bear (she was out for the count when she was reviewed in hospital by the care home).

Asked for the CHC checklist to take place - positive (as it was a year ago when she broke her leg in two places in hospital). Turned down subsequently after review by panel for CHC. Trying to get the CCG to confirm to me in writing that she does in fact no qualify as per their guidelines for Funding from hospital pending review of her new needs and full CHC reassessment

Don't trust CCG (speaking to their Hospital co-ordinator tomorrow)
Don't trust the hospital (feel that they want her off the ward regardless)

Any tips on how to play my cards in the next day or so?

Thank you

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any tips.

Mum has had a fall in the care home (self funder) - broken hip. In hospital just coming through a chest infection and catherised - was on a DNR on the weekend. Ward sounding as if they are getting her ready for discharge. Home saying that they only prepared to have her back when she can open her bowels and able to see to what extent she can weight-bear (she was out for the count when she was reviewed in hospital by the care home).

Asked for the CHC checklist to take place - positive (as it was a year ago when she broke her leg in two places in hospital). Turned down subsequently after review by panel for CHC. Trying to get the CCG to confirm to me in writing that she does in fact no qualify as per their guidelines for Funding from hospital pending review of her new needs and full CHC reassessment

Don't trust CCG (speaking to their Hospital co-ordinator tomorrow)
Don't trust the hospital (feel that they want her off the ward regardless)

Any tips on how to play my cards in the next day or so?

Thank you

http://www.beaconchc.co.uk/

It may be worth contacting the above mentioned people in relation to the funding.
It is worth bearing in mind you are not responsible for your mother's care and whatever you do don't take her home.

My step mother was CHC funded and the hospital had to find a home for her.
50 homes assessed her before one was found 9 miles away.
I would never have found it.
I had never been anywhere near it in my life before.

William