Cbd oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgersaw

Jan 25, 2017
Hi has any one got any information or experience with legal canabis oil I've been told that it's a good treatment for Alzheimer's

Zana

May 12, 2016
Hi.. CBD oil is the new holy grail here in NL.

Of course people have smoked the stuff for years and so maybe thats why they are so easy about accepting it as an answer for everything that ails.. (not that cbd oil gives any kind of high the THC has been removed)

From back ache to cancer , alzhiemers to acne cbd oil is supposed to be the answer.

I know people who do take it, for pain associated with cancer and HIV and it seems to help. It lowers the bloodsugar in type 2 diabetes too.
For chronic IBS it seems to ease some of the symptoms, for restless leg syndrom and again the person says it helps.

However any complimentary medicine should been seen as exactly that...complimentary and not in place of medical advice and mainstream medication.
Always consult with the doctor before taking anything like this as it could have an effect on prescribed medications

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It is legally possible to buy CBD in the UK

However, the sale may be legal but this does not mean that medicinal use is legal.

One supplier's website contains a carefully worded statement.

"xxxxxx does not sell or distribute, any products that are in violations of the United Kingdom Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are in compliance with local legislation. CBD is not medicinal nor is it intended to treat or cure any ailments"

Also on the site there is no mention of standardisation of strength or conformance to any specification.

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It is legally possible to buy CBD in the UK

However, the sale may be legal but this does not mean that medicinal use is legal.

One supplier's website contains a carefully worded statement.

"xxxxxx does not sell or distribute, any products that are in violations of the United Kingdom Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are in compliance with local legislation. CBD is not medicinal nor is it intended to treat or cure any ailments"

Also on the site there is no mention of standardisation of strength or conformance to any specification.

:eek::eek:
Heaven (or hell) only knows what would be in that!!

Azure9

Jan 13, 2017
Singapore
I know a research named "Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis Oil for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia". And it showed that "Adding MCO to AD patients' pharmacotherapy is safe and a promising treatment option." I wish I could post a link for you here. :(

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
There are also very promising studies on its use for lessening seizures. But thorough testing of any medicine takes years. Many seem promising initially and then the side-effects are too great. We'll just have to wait and see in the UK what makes it to production.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The topic has changed from CBD oil of probably unknown origin to tests of MCO (Medical Cannabis Oil)

I assuming the research document you referred to is
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26757043
which is a reputable source .

The trial was very small ...Eleven AD patients were recruited to an open label, 4 weeks, prospective trial....Ten patients completed the trial... there is no scrutiny of any long term effects.

MCO is currently approved in the UK for treatment MS.
As has been said it may be some time before any approval is given for treatment of PWDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.