Caring for our Mum at home

ClaireSW

Dec 6, 2021
For the last 7 or 8 months our Mum has been at home, having had a care package to 'help' with keeping her home. I think we get things wrong often when our Mum displays irrational, paranoid and angry responses to the smallest of things. I have ordered a few guides just now.... This is so hard... Hello to everyone here.
Claire

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @ClaireSW. Welcome.

It`s so good you recognise you get things wrong when your mum displays challenging behaviours because at least you are taking responsibility yourself and not blaming your mum. You know she has no control over her behaviour.

The following has helped a lot of people. It`s a tall order but has helped a lot of carers. I hope it helps you.

Please continue to post on the forum. There is a lot of experience here from people who have cared for parents and who are always willing to offer support and share experiences.

David Marcus'Brown

Feb 14, 2022
Devon
For the last 7 or 8 months our Mum has been at home, having had a care package to 'help' with keeping her home. I think we get things wrong often when our Mum displays irrational, paranoid and angry responses to the smallest of things. I have ordered a few guides just now.... This is so hard... Hello to everyone here.
Claire
Who did you approach for a care home package? I presume it starts with an assessment?