Carer's Allowance Review - Please help

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hi

I soon have someone visiting from the Adult Care Service to review my carer's allowance. Has anyone had experience of this, I could do without some appointments as keep busier enough, find it an inconvenience and a worry. Not sure what I am meant to say other than my husband has Alzheimer's and all what I do for him.

Reds x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I got CA but only for a couple of years and there was no review, do they think the PWD has got better?
K

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Just to avoid confusion, you do not mean the £62.10 Carers Allowance you might get from the state? Because they don't do reviews for that, it's either you qualify or you don't.

If you are talking about an annual carers assessment review determining the support you and he receive (are you getting direct payments or what allowance do you mean?) then just give them an honest account of every thing you do for him and tell them if you think you need more support, like respite or whatever. It's always good to know exactly what you would like them to provide you with, and if there are any issues with the support or care already received, let them know also.

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hi

Thank you for replies.

I have got confused Beate and your message has made me realise this. It isn't my Carer's allowance as I had assumed I believe it will be about the help I get from the County Council for me to have time out. Thank you for making this matter clearer to me because now I don't feel so concerned as know it won't feel quite so intense.

Reds x