Care Home

Niclo

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,
We are looking for a home for my Mum as I can't cope any longer, I've got one coming to assess her on Monday ,as the one I wanted her in didn't have any space, but now they have rung to say they have space,my question is.Should I stopped the first one coming out to assess her on Monday, if they do come does that mean she has to go into that one, the first one is been pushed by social services and is very expensive not that it would put me off as she is self funding ,it's just the other seemed so much more suitable they are very caring and a much smaller home. I really don't know what to do, ,Any help much appreciated.

bumblefeet

Oct 25, 2016
Hi,
We are looking for a home for my Mum as I can't cope any longer, I've got one coming to assess her on Monday ,as the one I wanted her in didn't have any space, but now they have rung to say they have space,my question is.Should I stopped the first one coming out to assess her on Monday, if they do come does that mean she has to go into that one, the first one is been pushed by social services and is very expensive not that it would put me off as she is self funding ,it's just the other seemed so much more suitable they are very caring and a much smaller home. I really don't know what to do, ,Any help much appreciated.

Go with your gut instinct. If the second one is preferable, go with it. Just because they assess, it doesn't mean that you have to take the place, it just means that they are assessing whether they can actually meet her needs.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
If she is self-funding, ignore the SW's opinion and go with the one you're more comfortable with. It's not SW's money so why go for the more expensive option? It doesn't mean it's the better one, and you clearly identified that "caring" is the thing that really counts.