Care home visits.....

prittlewell

Jan 28, 2020
This is on the Govt website, and Mum’s home are saying, despite visits in the garden at over 2m distancing with the visitor having to wear a face mask, are saying it has to be the same visitor each time which is almost impossible for us.

“To limit risk, where visits do go ahead, this should be limited to a single constant visitor, per resident, wherever possible. This is in order to limit the overall numbers of visitors to the care home and the consequent risk of infection“

My wife and myself live together, so are the same ‘bubble’ as far as covid is concerned. What is the definition of ‘wherever possible’.......

I could understand this if visits were indoors, but outside? They are quite happy to 15-20 staff from different households coming and going every day.

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
There seems no rhyme or reason to a lot of the guidance issued which is even more frustrating when people’s well-being is affected.
The current lockdown in the north of the country has stopped garden visits but I understand you can still visit the pub. Bonkers.

Kellyr

Aug 8, 2020
This new guidance is ridiculous and has made everything worse! The way Ive understood it is that it should apply to visits inside not outside, but it feels like the Carehomes are accidentally or deliberately misinterpretting.. The Government has also given them too much power to make decisions around these issues. Ive written to the local MP for Westcliff (James Duddridge) outlining the concerns but havent had a response yet. Maybe you could drop him a line as well..