Care home say they can not hoist dad safely

Shambler

Feb 7, 2024
I had a telephone conversation with the Funded Nursing Care team a week ago. They are going to chase up the OT, I don't have the OT's contact details.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I had a telephone conversation with the Funded Nursing Care team a week ago. They are going to chase up the OT, I don't have the OT's contact details.
You could ask the FNC team for the OTs contact number, but if not keep on at the FNC team to ensure that they do contact the OT. I am also waiting for an OT assessment for my husband and have not heard anything after a couple of months, the service seems to be snowed under.

Shambler

Feb 7, 2024
The FNC have been really good and proactive, there just doesn't seem to be enough staff anymore, everything is snowed under.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I actually had a quick response from OT but the slow bit has been the wheelchair provider- finally came yesterday but with the wrong size 🙈🙈 despite being told correctly by the OT.

Its frustrating when the wait is crucial weeks for our loved ones and their quality of life…..

I would ask for OT details yourself to chase….

helpingpeggy

Aug 6, 2019
All statutory services are snowed under, so I’d advise you to get the OTs details and contact them yourself. We have to advocate for our relatives or they’ll be lost at the end of a long waiting list or a huge caseload.