Care Co-Ordinators

Misslovely

Mar 22, 2021
Have any of you had any experience of dealing with Care Coordinators? There is one that works at my Mother’s GP surgery.

I am finding that Care Coordinators aren’t very well informed. They have no medical background but don’t seem to look on my Mother’s notes about things before ringing.

Yesterday my parent was meant to go to a clinic for older people but wouldn’t go. I’m afraid she can be very awkward.

There was a phone call from a Care Coordinator who suggested that a dietician from the clinic phoned my parent. The dietician had already come round to the house and my parent hadn’t wanted to be involved. Couldn’t she have looked at the information on my parent’s notes? She also made a comment when I mentioned that my Mother had walked away from the Carer in a temper. I had to explain that she is capable of taking herself off for short walks. She is not wandering around. She suggested that a nurse could come and see my Mother but couldn’t really tell me why so I asked if the nurse could ring me directly.

I know Care Coordinators are just trying to help but I am finding it difficult not to get frustrated when I am working full time and have to deal with all this.

Sorry, needed to vent.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
The flip side is- why didnt they try again? it sounds as though the dietican feels they need to be involved, ''lets try a phone call''

it IS difficult, it IS frustrating, but sounds like they are trying to help you

Misslovely

Mar 22, 2021
Thanks so much for your reply.

My Mother finds it difficult to understand phone calls. I was at the house when the Dietician was there and tried to include my Mother. She walked off so I had the discussion with the Dietician and made some notes as to how to increase my Mother’s calorie intake.

The Care Coordinator hadn’t asked the Dietician if she needed to be involved again. This is why I feel they are misinformed.

Sorry, I didn’t explain properly in my first post