Care before staff training??

Michaelaspeek

Sep 12, 2012
Preston \lancashire
Hi

Thanks Lizzy for helping me start this post - it has been over a year since my last thread and I want to thank all TP readers for all advice given as it has helped over the past years.

Mum has now been in care for over 1 year now. She seems happy but sometimes I see behind that mask she put on - I think she pretends to be happy for our sakes (but with dementia I will never know) but we are all in abetter place than 2 years ago,

Mum is still is having fits (started well before the dementia started) and me and my sister took her to the hospital in July for a consultation - they want her to have a heart monitor put on for 24r hours (this is grt as nobody including docs have took this seriously for the past 3 years).

Anyway my post today is that the CH rung today and told me (they have known about this appointment for 5 weeks) that they cannot take mum to hospital as they have now got a staff training day and no-one is allowed to take her.

Is this allowed?
I have just been off work 4 months with a broken hip and feel like I cannot ask for more time off - I will if I have to.

Is staff training more important than a hospital appointment?

Kind wishes
Mickie x