cant remember shes eaten

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi Larivy,

I hope the tooth isn't causing you too much trouble. Our Out of Hours clinic has a dentist on hand every evening and at weekends. They can do emergency treatment if you're in pain. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I find it comforting to know if I'm in pain (I'm a terrible coward when it comes to dentists!)

Although it must be quite wearing when your Mum forgets she's eaten, it's probably better than Dad was when he was still at home. We used to offer him food but he'd always tell you he'd just eaten and be adamant that he didn't want anything. Now he's in the nursing home, he eats because everyone else is eating. He lost lots of weight but got violent if I tried to cook him anything. Hope the frozen meals do the trick for you.

Have a lovely weekend. I hope the weather lasts for you: it's turned decidedly chilly here now, so not really bbq weather anymore. But tomorrow I'm off to London to stay with my daughters and grandchildren so nothing would upset me this week!

Love Sue xxx

comane

Jan 20, 2010
UK
memory.

Yes granny G. I usually say it's just we are getting older (which is true 77 and 82) and try to change the subject.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi Deborah tooth not to bad can't wait till tomorrow though
Mum has not been to bad still reckons she has had no dinner once she's been abed for a while:eek: so have done the frozen meals she eats about 2 nourishing then goes to sleep :eek: nevermind these things are sent to try us love larivy

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hope the brandy has helped Larivy, there is little in this world that is worse than the nagging pain that toothache brings. What am I saying.... there's lots worse in the world but still, it hurts.
Try Cup a soups, you could make one up and keep half in the fridge for later in the day, and they are inexpensive. Also you could get childrens ready meals, they are a smaller size so less waste. My problems the opposite, Mum forgets to eat and also forgets to get the meal out in time to defrost properly. Night, flower.x.:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Larivy,

Thinking of you at this early hour and didn't want to miss the opportunity of saying that I hope it all goes well this morning and that you come back pain free.

Love

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi everyone dentist has made a temporary filling but I need to have a root canal:eek: he said it's best to leave that untill after my opp so I have opp on 12th and dentist on 17th what a great week it's going to be:eek:
Whilst I went to the dentist brother had mum he said she would not settle and kept asking for me she drove him mad:D she is so clingy now we are going to try and leave her with my brothers or sil for a short time as often as we can. to see of this helps the trouble is she gets so upset I hate to do it but I know I have to larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Larivy,

No chomping sweets now with that temporary filling:rolleyes:

I think it's a good idea to let your brother have mum whenever you can because you are going to really need some breaks especially with the operation ahead of you.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear larivy

Root canal work and shoulder op, you`ll be like the bionic woman. Sorry your mum couldn`t settle at your brother`s. It`s hard on everyone but will have to be. You must be able to let your shoulder heal after the op.

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Thinking of you Lar hun.

Mother thankfully would eat when i put meal sin front of her although not much so would always make sure there was pudding at hand and lots of biscuits and tea afterwards.

Thankfully having done this i have set her up nicely for the CH as this is their routine. Lunch/dinner and then biscuits/cake and tea.

Mother has put on a little weight in the CH, i am happy about this and she eats with the others happily, although if she puts on much more we are going to have to go clothes shopping which ideally neither of us can afford!

Root canal treatment always sounds worse than it is.
Having had it, and i don't have a fear of the dentist, but was sick to the stomach with the thought of it, i realised it was all over and done with fairly quickly, the trick is make sure they give you plenty of numbing jags all round the area, it makes such a difference through it and afterwards.

The small problem is afterwards, you don't have pain necessarily, but there can be an after effect of lingering uncomfortableness (is there such a word:D?)

I had RCT over 6 years nearly 7 now, and for a bout a year there was times i thought i had toothache but it was just the nerve area adjusting.

Good luck with all your ops hun.

xx