Can I ... Should I?

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sending more (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) to you this morning, Sam!

Well, morning here, afternoon there, of course.

Glad you are able to get some sleep.

It's such a strange and disorienting time. Please be kind to yourself. I am thinking of you often!!

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Thoughts are with you Sam, hopefully the (((hugs))) will be too.
Sleep well with Pooch tonight xxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It’s ok @canary I had thought I’ll need to move over, I’m just a bit over sensitive :(

There's no 'have tos' Sam. I decided to get Bill's thread closed a couple of weeks after he died. I was ready to start something different so started my Some Days Are Diamods thread - a bit cheesy but I thought the John Denver song Some Days Are Diamonds, Some Days Are Stone summed up how I was feeling. I still feel that way.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I knew Mum had come home to die @Izzy, but it was only 5 weeks, last month we were sitting in the garden, I made a canopy out of an old throw to give her some shade, now she’s gone. It’s too quick for me.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I had a call from BH ASC today. She’s been notified. I never signed the form saying others are to be notified till after her call, but hey ho, nothing else has worked how it’s supposed to
She said she recognised the name but didn’t think she couid be right, so pulled mums file. She was shocked at what I’ve gone though & the fight I’ve had trying to get things in place.
I told the Registra, I’m disgusted at the way mums care has been handled & I want lessons to be learnt from it. I also told her not to stick me in a “tick box”. This is not grief. I don’t want anyone else to have this fight
The icing on the cake for me ....
I went to collect the interim death cert, the one the GP said was ready for collection on Friday. I went this morning. It wasn’t there. The receptionist was not helpful. I was told to take a seat while she looked
No way could I sit in a room of people while she faffed, I stomped out saying “you can’t even get this right”
I phoned a friend & let rip. (Sorry). I could not believe they couldn’t even manage to do something as simple as have it sitting at reception for me.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I had a call from BH ASC today. She’s been notified. I never signed the form saying others are to be notified till after her call, but hey ho, nothing else has worked how it’s supposed to
She said she recognised the name but didn’t think she couid be right, so pulled mums file. She was shocked at what I’ve gone though & the fight I’ve had trying to get things in place.
I told the Registra, I’m disgusted at the way mums care has been handled & I want lessons to be learnt from it. I also told her not to stick me in a “tick box”. This is not grief. I don’t want anyone else to have this fight
The icing on the cake for me ....
I went to collect the interim death cert, the one the GP said was ready for collection on Friday. I went this morning. It wasn’t there. The receptionist was not helpful. I was told to take a seat while she looked
No way could I sit in a room of people while she faffed, I stomped out saying “you can’t even get this right”
I phoned a friend & let rip. (Sorry). I could not believe they couldn’t even manage to do something as simple as have it sitting at reception for me.

Was your mum's death certified at home by a dr..the only reason I ask is that dad was seen by the GP at the FD and although I was told the certificate was at the surgery when I called in it wasn't...the GP had left it with the FD for me to collect. Mind you...when I went to register the GP had neglected to include her BMC number...the registrar was very good and tried to sort it but GP was not in...so I had to go back 3 days later. It didn't affect any arrangements alrrady made.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hope by now you're managing some sleep. It's been a tough day for you. It just goes on with your GP practise the incompetence just beggars belief:eek:

I hope you stay with this thread Sam:rolleyes:

Here are some hugs to wake up to for you and Pooch.Hoping things run a little easier for you today.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))),xx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Thank you, I think stress caught up with me & I was violently ill in the night. I’m feeling a little shaky this morning so a hug may well help o_O
Oh poor you..it is perhaps a delayed reaction to the stress upset and trauma of the last few weeks. Hope you feel better as the day goes on. You will be needing more hugs..hugs...hugs...hugs ..

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @love.dad.but..

The Hospice “confirmed death” & notified the GP at the surgery. That meant the FD could collect Mum. The GP then phoned me to say he was happy to do the interim death certificate & it wouId be ready to collect Friday before they closed or Monday morning. I told GP I wouId attempt to get to the surgery by 18.00, otherwise I wouId be there Monday morning

The surgery is awful at paperwork. It’s never ready. That’s why I didn’t rush to get there Friday. I just couldn’t believe the casual, disinterest of the receptionist, or the lack of compassion.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Morning @love.dad.but..

The Hospice “confirmed death” & notified the GP at the surgery. That meant the FD could collect Mum. The GP then phoned me to say he was happy to do the interim death certificate & it wouId be ready to collect Friday before they closed or Monday morning. I told GP I wouId attempt to get to the surgery by 18.00, otherwise I wouId be there Monday morning

The surgery is awful at paperwork. It’s never ready. That’s why I didn’t rush to get there Friday. I just couldn’t believe the casual, disinterest of the receptionist, or the lack of compassion.
Ah I see...in dad's case a locum out of hours dr confirmed death at his NH but I was told that his GP would also need to see him at the FD in order to complete cert. And although it left me chasing around which was frustrating because of duff info of being told it was at the surgery she had left it for me at FD.

Hopefully you are at a different surgery so after this you will not need to deal with this lot.